Massage therapy is a practice that dates back thousands of years. There are many types of massage therapy; all involve manipulating the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. Massage therapy is fast becoming a key part of conventional medicine. People use massage therapy as a form of alternative healing for a variety of health-related purposes, from treating specific diseases and conditions to general wellness.
What exactly are the benefits of receiving a massage?
Massage therapy is useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
1) Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
2) Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
3) Ease medication dependence.
4) Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
5) Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
6) Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
7) Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
8) Increase joint flexibility.
9) Lessen depression and anxiety.
10) Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
11) Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
12) Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
13) Reduce spasms and cramping.
14) Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
15) Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
16) Relieve migraine pain.
We could go on and on with the list…
What are you still waiting for? Book an appointment with us to experience the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of a massage session.
Your body will thank you.
Did you enjoy this article, click ‘Like’ below to share it with your Facebook friends. Also don’t forget to let us know what you think using the comment box below.
Please drop yours using the comment box below.