Asthma is an Acute or Chronic obstructive airway disease due to swelling or inflammation which makes the airway to be hypersensitive to irritations and allergies. As inflammation increases, there’s narrowing of the airways reducing the amount of air that goes to or comes out of the Lungs leading to Symptoms such as Wheezing(a hissing sound while breathing), chest tightness and cough. People who suffer from Asthma are known as Asthmatics and the attack is usually worse at night. Major causes of Asthmatic attacks are smoke, fumes, dust or dirt, powder and cement particles, allergies, cold temperature, stress, collagens, flowers, some insects especially Cockroaches, and exercises. Asthmatic attacks can be fatal as there’s Respiratory failure due to:
1. Production of more mucus in the airways and atimes form mucus plug thereby undermining the airflow.
2. Less air is able to pass through the airways.
3. The respiratory muscles around the airway tighten up and narrow the airway.
4. Increased inflammation of the airways continues.
PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT TIPS
1. Prevention of attacks is to know early that you are Asthmatic.
2. You will need to see your Doctor regularly.
3. Control your Asthma by going about with your Inhaler.
4. Avoid the causes mentioned above or those peculiar to you, that includes avoiding things you are allergic to.