A 14 year old Nigerian girl Wasilu has reportedly killed her 53 year old husband and 3 others with rat poison. See details in BBC News: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26978872
Stroke or Cerebrovascular Accident(CVA) is the third commonest cause of death in developed Countries. It is uncommon below the age of 40yrs and is more common in Males.However,16% of Women compared with 8% of Men die of a Stroke. The incidence of Stroke is decreasing in in the age range of 30-60 years as Hypertension is recognized and treated.In the Elderly population,Stroke remains a major cause of morbidity and mortality. It is usually of rapid onset and by definition, it lasts longer than 24hrs if the Patient survives. Stroke atimes occurs at rest or during activity. There could be- A COMPLETED STROKE :is when the neurological deficit has reached its maximum usually within 6hrs A STROKE ‘IN-EVOLUTION’;is when symptoms and signs are getting worse,usually within 24hrs of onset A MINOR STROKE: These Patoents recover without a significant deficit usually within 1 week TRANSIENT ISCHAEMIC ATTACK (TIA). This is a focal deficit lasting less than 24hrs.There is COMPLETE recovery. The attack is usually of sudden onset.TIAs have a tendency to recur.
Stroke may also be caused by tumour,abscess,subdural haematoma etc
Signs of a Stroke are many but the common ones are -Inability to lift either the upper or lower limb or both on same side of the body -Weakness of the affected side of the body. Loss of sensation on the affected side Deviation of the Tongue and mouth to one side. Loss of furrows on the forehead Inability to whistle or puff out the cheeks Slurred speech or inability to complete sentence
Risk Factors are Hypertension Diabetes Mellitus Obesity Family history Cigarette smoking Hyperlipidemia Oral contraceptives Alcohol Age( advanced age)
Prevention: Avoid the risk faactors When stroke occurs, take the affected individual to a Standard hospital for treatment or management.
Sickle cell anaemia (SCA) is an Hemoglobinopathy with Autosomal dominant inheritance. Individuals with Sickle Cell Disease have abnormal Genotype S i.e HbSS-SS genotype. It usually manifests in Children often after fall in fetal hemoglobin (HbF) levels @ about 3-6months. Normal Red blood cells usually become sickle in shape when there is lack of Oxygen(Hypoxia),acidosis,low temperature, etc. Typical Sickle cell crises include; -Bone pain(commonest) -chest pain -passage of blood in urine(haematuria) -priapism in males -kidney and liver problems -chronic leg ulcers
Some triggers of the Sickle Cell Crises are -Stress and Exercise -Low temperature -Dehydration -infections -Acidosis Prevention of Crises -Avoid the triggers -Treat any infection especially Upper Respiratory Tract Infections fast -Use of Antimalarials regularly -Drinking of liberal fluids to prevent pain and red blood cell sickling, some People advocate for 3litres of water -Management of crises in the hospital with Intravenous fluids, Antibiotics and Pain killers –Don’t be far from your Doctor or hospital for check up
Asthma is an Acute or Chronic obstructive airway disease due to swelling or inflammation which makes the airway to be hypersensitive to irritations and allergies. As inflammation increases, there’s narrowing of the airways reducing the amount of air that goes to or comes out of the Lungs leading to Symptoms such as Wheezing(a hissing sound while breathing), chest tightness and cough. People who suffer from Asthma are known as Asthmatics and the attack is usually worse at night. Major causes of Asthmatic attacks are smoke, fumes, dust or dirt, powder and cement particles, allergies, cold temperature, stress, collagens, flowers, some insects especially Cockroaches, and exercises. Asthmatic attacks can be fatal as there’s Respiratory failure due to:
1. Production of more mucus in the airways and atimes form mucus plug thereby undermining the airflow.
2. Less air is able to pass through the airways.
3. The respiratory muscles around the airway tighten up and narrow the airway.
4. Increased inflammation of the airways continues.
PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT TIPS
1. Prevention of attacks is to know early that you are Asthmatic.
2. You will need to see your Doctor regularly.
3. Control your Asthma by going about with your Inhaler.
4. Avoid the causes mentioned above or those peculiar to you, that includes avoiding things you are allergic to.
Generally, the word ‘Mugu’ is a Nigerian slang that is usually used to refer to someone who is regarded as a fool, foolish or one who has been deceived and totally taken in by another who regards himself as being smarter than the supposed ‘mugu’.
Bringing this to the context of relationships, we herby ask, who is the Mugu?
The truth of it all is there are no ‘Mugus’ anywhere. The Guy or woman you call ‘Mugu’ is sometimes the person who loves you so much to the extent of doing very ‘stupid’ things without even realizing it….
Sometimes I get really very irritated when I hear girls call men who do nice things for them Mugu… He calls you up every minute of the day to find out what you are doing, he remembers to send you recharge cards credit which you never use to call him, he buys very nice clothes, wants a nice hair do on you, loves your family like his, and even ready to play by your no sex rule… Yet, you ignore him for your so called boyfriend who never cares if you exist.
He flashes your line and you call back, you are his ATM, chef, laundry, and his sex machine. He calls you a bore in bed after subjecting you to rigorous exercises in the name of satisfying his insatiable libido and worse still without protection. When he finds out that you are pregnant, he finds a flimsy excuse to leave you and you go through hell trying to kill your child. He comes back after a while to ask for your forgiveness and you accept him and start the process again. He is never ready for marriage, even though he has a steady job. Who then is the ‘Mugu’?
A lot of girls have lost life time opportunities in the name of this ‘Mugu’ saga! They love their darlyn boyfriend so much because he probably dresses well, speaks well and loves sex a great deal. They forget that those qualities do not keep a marriage… If perhaps, you find a good man who does not dress well, you can teach him and tush him to that level you want. No one is perfect in the long run…
Guys, you are not exempted. You call her ‘Mugu’ because she is always at your beck and call, she is respectful, humble and homely, honours your mother even more than hers, takes care of your siblings, helps you a great deal financially, yet you spend all the money she gives you on a girlfriend who you are trying so hard to impress, the one who wants money, money and more money, the one who treats your family like thrash..When it’s time for marriage, you call her old. Mr, didn’t you know how old she was before you started dating her? What taste are you even talking about? Why did you stop her from getting married if you knew she wasn’t up to your taste? She has become a ‘Mugu’ because you have seen big boobs and fine ass. You forget that beauty fades with time and does not keep a marriage…
Stop this ‘Mugu’ thing today so that you don’t become a ‘Mugu’ in the long run. If you don’t appreciate a man or woman’s dress sense, accent, or physique, then leave them or their pocket alone. Another person will love him that way. Who you reject is actually another person’s king or queen!
Let the reason you love anyone be genuine…Marriage is serious business!!!! Shine your eyes…
The journey of marriage is beyond how romance books and films present it. As a matter of fact, the happily ever after, is a function of the foundation you laid during the period of courtship. There is this adage I was accustomed to while growing up- It is like a slogan and my mum was always fond of using it. She would always say: “As you lay your bed, so will you lie on it”.
When it comes to marriage or relationship, how you get it started will determine how it flows. Anytime I listen to tapes and read books on marriage from reputable men and women of God, I always thank God for my generation. Honestly, enough information is around for you to equip yourself with, if you want to experience the happily EVER AFTER. Unfortunately, when I see or read what people are going through in marriage and relationship, I feel bad and sometimes ask what they’ve been doing with their lives before marriage. Today; everybody is having fan pages, pointing at marriage and relationship, but people are fed with the partial truth. The higher the information, the higher the confusion, especially when you don’t learn to filter things you hear or read. How will you know how to filter when you do not know the right from the left? So, the following are the things to do, in order to experience the happily EVER AFTER to you dream of:
- Have a mentor. Get an older couple as your Coach, especially if your parents’ marriage is not good enough for you to learn from.
- Stop spending money on Brazilian weave on alone. If you are a man, all your finances should not only go into loading your wardrobe with designers, but also with BOOKS- You should buy and read, don’t just buy and use them to decorate your library. When you have right knowledge about marriage, you will stand-out in marriage.
- Listen to tapes or messages from reputable men and women of God from various tribes and Nation.
- The greater part of success in marriage is embedded in good character, and that’s why we will appreciate it, if you are making use of our ATTITUDE 101 teachings, it is going to help you a long way. Also read books that can help and improve your attitudes. Permit me to also say this: if you are a Christian, allow the Fruit of the Spirit to manifest in you- that is the best way to plant, nurture and grow a good character.
- I am sorry if you don’t want to hear this; but having known what you are suppose to know, before you go into a relationship or in the cause of your relationship and marriage- do not keep God out of your business. God attends to what you invite him into. It is quite unfortunate that, people wait until things go wrong, before they begin calling on the God that they never involved from the start.
- Stay with us on this Blog: http://www.talkaboutladies.com. We have assembled an experienced Team of Relationship Coaches and Marriage Counselors to help you all the way. Beginning from the search for your life partner, to enjoying a model peaceful marriage and to rescuing your sick relationship or marriage.
It is not every woman that is qualified to be a wife, being a wife is much more complex than to be an ordinary woman. A wife is woman but not every woman is a wife material. A Wife’s position can be likened to a pleasant fragrant, salt and sweet taste which must not lose her value. A wife is an important personnel and backbone of every home. You are there to give life, love, care and wonderful touches to the life of your husband and children. Family life is more enjoyable with a woman of integrity- a wife. It is not every married woman that performs the role of a wife. Any woman that fails in her duties at home is no more a wife. A wife is a female adult that knows she has husband to care for. The word “wife” is a title given to an extraordinary woman, who values her position and stand up to her responsibilities at when due. Although the position is more than a title but character influence over her home. As a single lady, don’t prepare yourself to be one of the women in marriage, but a wife to be.
What do you do to transcend from an ordinary woman to a responsible wife:
1. Respect your husband
2. Realize yourself as a prayer warrior of the family
3. To be an outstanding wife, you have to endure many things so that you can enjoy many things
4. Don’t substitute the love of your husband with your children
5. Be a caring mother
6. Be familiar with the do’s and don’ts of your husband
7. Create time for your home no matter how tight your schedule may be
8. Be diligent, moderate and polite
9. Always pay homage to your in-laws
10. Let courtesy guide you always
11. Be very neat
12. Be reserved and have limited friends
13. Don’t be a trouble maker in the street
14. Always be ready to make peace with your husband
15. When you are hurt, don’t deny him what you suppose to give to him
Food for thought: if your husband were to repay your dowry, will he add to it or subtract from it? He can only add to it base on your contributions in his life. Before you can see the glory of revival in your marriage, you have your roles to play as a wife.
If you love this article, kindle click “Like” button.
1. Do not shave off your eyebrows only to redraw them with a pencil… it makes no sense
2. Do not put on too much make up, you end up looking like you came out of the make-up factory.
3. Do not wear a vest or sleeveless top without shaving your armpits or without a bra underneath
4. Do not leave chipped nail polish to wear off on its own, there’s a reason why they sell nail polish remover.
5. If you can’t afford good quality weaves, don’t bother.
6. Do not do artificial nails that makes you look like a drag queen, simple is always sexy.
7. See-through leggings or a top used as a dress when you are out in public is a hell-to-the-no!
8. Never do things for a man with a hope of getting something in return, expectations are dangerous. Do it because you simply want to.
9. Never contradict what your man says – in public.
10. Never stalk the man that left you for the other woman
11. Do not share your best friend’s personal life with every Tom, Dick and Harry.
12. Women should never act on distress in relationships like checking your man’s phone, nagging him to death, and acting like a paranoid freak. You will simply release him to someone else by doing so.
13. Never dish out your entire family drama on a first date. The guy just wants to know about you.
14. Stop obsessing over your body. It’s good to eat healthy and work out but let’s leave it at that.
15. Never over-accessorize. Stop looking like a Christmas tree.
16. Never leave home without lip-gloss, your phone and most of all, your dignity.
17. Never leave your used sanitary towel in the toilet for the next person to see. Women please!
18. Never wear very high heels if you can’t do the Naomi Campbell walk. You look like a drunk grasshopper.
19. Never wear short skirts and low cut tops when off to an interview. You will create the wrong impression.
20. Forgetting to add your own donts using the comment box below.
If you love this article, kindle click “Like” button.
When the BIG BROTHER AFRICA SHOW is finally over and all those who have participated, exposing their nudity and committing immoral acts in public to the full glare of the whole world, walk on the street, they automatically become role models unto your children, cooperate bodies will endorse them awarding them contracts worth of millions of cash just to appear on their brand; governments across Africa will make them ambassadors; the religious homes will organize a special thanksgiving for them; they suddenly become heroes for appearing nude on TV..
You encourage your daughters and sons to brace up for the next BIG BROTHER AFRICA SHOW, motivate them to enter into the competition, but condemn the prostitutes and those who dress provocatively in public. You tell them how the life of those wearing clothes exposing their nudity are condemnable and how such people will perish in hell. But because huge cash is involved if they participate in THE BIG BROTHER SHOW, exposing their body it becomes “just a competition” and as such nothing is wrong with it so long it will bring you fame and money.
Glory will be given to God for allowing your children participate, exposing their body and winning the ultimate price. It becomes the Lord’s doing and anyone who condemns your children’s act during the competition is mere jealous and an evil person who doesn’t wish you and your family well.
The African society is in complete mess, we’ve killed our culture and tradition and have chosen to keep confusing ourselves with religion. Religion has become a bias tool where fame and riches can be justified through it so long thanksgiving is given unto God for allowing you victorious in immoral competitions and enriching yourself through illegal means.
Sin is no longer sin if it’s rated 18+ and restricted to certain viewers. It is justifiable and we can encourage it. That is the state we now find ourselves in and increasingly there’s nothing wrong in viewing such programmes where nudity and immoral act are been exposed on TV and since it’s on TV it should just be viewed like every other entertainment program..
WHAT THEN SHOULDN’T WE TEACH OUR CHILDREN, HOW DO WE DEFINE SIN TO THEM WHEN WE CAN JUSTIFY IT WHEN IT INVOLVES FAME AND MONEY? WHAT LESSONS SHOULD THEY LEARN AND WHAT LESSONS SHOULDN’T THEY.. When we’ve chosen to condemn what we feel should be condemned and uphold that which we should have condemned but uphold it because fame and money are involved.
Written by: Chizoba Okagba
The most common sex issue faced by otherwise happily married couples? Not surprisingly, it’s the “not enough” factor. Couples often end up bemused and confused by a marriage that’s dimmed in sexual intensity or frequency. But that’s the good news, according to Kimberly A. Sharky, a certified sex therapist in Chicago. The fact is, “Sexual issues in otherwise good marriages are often resolvable.” But—and you knew this was coming, right?!—you have to talk…to your spouse…about sex. Here are some pointers about discussing the subject with a less-than-talkative hubby.
1. Don’t broach the subject in bed.
Right before or after sex, when you’re naked, is not the best time to examine faults or dissect performance, says Sharky. “It’s when we’re at our most vulnerable.” Plus, your bedroom, and certainly your bed, should be a sanctuary, not a place to air grievances. Instead, choose a pleasant but neutral place, such as a restaurant that’s romantic enough to be relaxing (and noisy enough for a reasonable amount of privacy!).
2. Make a plan to talk.
There is something to be said for spontaneity, but this may not be the time for it. “If you blindside your husband, you’re more likely to make him defensive,” says Sharky. Give him a heads-up that you want to chat, so you both have time to think about what you want to say.
3. Look back fondly on the good/hot old days.
Sometimes a shared sense of nostalgia for what the two of you used to do can be enough to lead you down the path of talking about sex openly, says Sharky. You could say, “Remember when we used to spend hours just kissing? I miss that.” Or, “I loved when you used to just grab me from behind; it made me feel so wanted.”
4. Realize that he doesn’t automatically know how to please you.
The bumbling, fumbling man who can’t find his way around the female body may be a cliché, but in some cases, it’s true. But what’s actually more common, says Los Angeles–based therapist Todd Creager, author of The Long, Hot Marriage, is that what used to be a surefire pleasure-inducer no longer works, thanks to a changing body (like after having kids) or just shifting preferences as you get older. If you don’t tell him what works (and doesn’t work anymore), how will he know? Think of it as updating a map as new roads—or roadblocks—are put in.
5. Be clear about what you want.
If you’re not sure what floats your boat, there’s no way you’ll be able to communicate it to your partner, says Creager. If you used to just jump into bed and get right to it, but now would feel more comfortable with a long make-out session on the couch first, tell him that. If a certain part of your body is, for whatever reason, no longer a go-to hot spot, say so—and tell him what does feel good these days.
6. Don’t berate or belittle.
“You don’t have to be mean to get what you want,” says Creager. Start with “a mental state of acceptance.” That means presupposing that your man takes your best interests (and your pleasure!) to heart. So instead of saying, “We need to talk about the dismal state of our sex life,” say, “I know you want me to feel good, and I want you to enjoy sex, too, so I want to talk about how we can make it better. That OK with you?”
7. Make “I” statements.
Angle the conversation so it’s about you. “You’re telling him, ‘This is not about what you’re doing wrong, but about what I want,’ ” says Creager. So instead of saying, “You never give me enough foreplay,” say, “I would like more touching and caressing time before we move to the main event.”
8. Remember your nonverbal expression, too.
You may have the whole non-blaming thing going on in your words, but what about in your actions, your body language and your tone of voice? “All these things communicate your feelings, too,” says Creager, so be sure you’re relaxed and ready to speak without letting anger or frustration get in the way. “Take a few deep breaths, uncross your arms and sit close to him.”
9. Have solutions in mind, and be open to his ideas.
It’s one thing to get across your needs and desires, but you also have to listen to where he’s coming from. “His preferences may have changed, too, and you need to meet him halfway,” says Sharky. Brainstorm better times for sex, or ways you can juggle your schedules. “You might also consider a short course of therapy,” says Sharky, who points out that sex therapy tends to be solution-oriented and brief. You could also browse for books or videos on improving your sex life.
10. Remember that this isn’t a one-time conversation.
Talking about your sex life isn’t something you tick off a list once in a lifetime; it’s an ongoing discussion. Some couples make a regular date to check in with each other on all sorts of things, from financial plans to their children’s activities. Why not also set aside time to do a health check on your sex life?
If you enjoyed the article and would want to contribute, or ask questions, kindly use the comment box below.
Source: Relationship & Marriage